1. Libya is the only country in the world with only one colour for its flag, with no insignias, design or other details
2. 90% of Libya is desert but it has the 9th highest GDP in Africa because of its Petroleum and low population.
3. The world’s biggest frog is found in Cameroon. Named the Goliath frog, their body can be one-foot long and weighs up to 8 IB. The Goliath frog can live up to 15 years.
4 . Afri was the Latin name for an ancient people located on the shores of the southern Mediterranean Sea near the city of Carthage, nowadays Tunisia. The Romans referred to the region as Africa terra (land of the Afri), based on the stem Afr- with the adjective suffix -ic-
5. Ethiopia was called Aithiopis by the Ancient Greek, a name meaning black face and applied to all black people. The ancient Egyptians called it K%u0101sh, the Hebrew Kush, the name of a son of Cham?
6. Though most of the names of African countries mean Land of Blacks (Sudan), or Land of Dark People (Somalia) Black faces (Ethiopia), Not all Africans are black
7. Africa is the second largest continent
8. Africa accounts for about 14.2 percent of the world’s human population and makes up about 22 per cent of the world’s total land area.
9. There are about 250 ethnic groups speaking about 270 languages in Cameroon
10. The smallest African country is the Seychelles
11. Egypt’s capital city, Cairo, is the largest city by population in Africa with an estimated 9.2 million population.
12. Lake Victoria is the largest lake in Africa and the is the world’s second-largest freshwater lake
13. The River Nile is the longest river in Africa and in the world.
14. Lake Malawi contains the largest number of fish species of any lake in the world, probably over 500 from ten families.
15. South Africa has a penguin colony, which thrives thanks to the cold Antarctic currents on the west coast near the Cape.
16. Madagascar is the home of the worlds largest as well as the smallest chameleons. Almost half of the world’s chameleon species live on the island of Madagascar.
17. Apart from Muslim nations, Ghana has the lowest per capita consumption of beer in Africa, yet its brewery industry is one of the most competitive
18. It is almost impossible to hold a small wedding. The idea of a private wedding is unknown and is greatly frowned upon. Friends and relatives expect to be invited to a wedding and to play a role in the ceremony.
19. Did you know that Africa would have been an estimated US $100 billion better off in 1999 if malaria had been eliminated years ago?
20. Did you know there are about 280 000 windmills on farms across South Africa, second in number only to Australia?